Parents: Essential Partners
Parents/guardians play a significant role in a child's education. The partnership between parents/guardians and the school district helps create a positive, complete learning experience for each child. Parents/guardians are expected to recognize that the education of their child(ren) is a joint responsibility. To help ensure each student reaches their maximum potential, parents are asked to:
1. Send their children to school ready to participate and learn.
2. Ensure their children attend school regularly and on time.
3. Ensure absences are excused.
4. Insist their children be dressed and groomed in a manner consistent with the student dress code.
5. Help their children understand that in a democratic society appropriate rules are required to maintain a safe, orderly environment.
6. Know school rules and help their children understand them.
7. Convey to their children a supportive attitude toward education and the district.
8. Build good relationships with teachers, other parents, and their children’s friends.
9. Help their children deal effectively with peer pressure.
10. Inform school officials of changes in the home situation that may affect student conduct or performance.
11. Provide a place of study and ensure homework assignments are completed.
Parent Info on 3-8 tests
2017 Grades 3-8 NYS Assessments: What Parents Need To Know
NYS Grades 3-8 ELA and Math Tests - FAQs
2017 Testing Letter
The Phoenix Central School District is committed to its students, parents and the community it serves. To align with this mission and to keep parents informed of the policies, procedures and other vital information affecting students, the district has compiled a list of links to some essential documents. The links on this page will serve as a reference tool that provides instant access to important information. Please contact the school district at (315) 695-1573 for more information.
> Annual Notification of the Availability of the District Asbestos Management Plan
> Pesticide Notification
> Student Record Notification
> Request a Teacher / Principal Overall Composite Score and Effectiveness Rating
> Sex Offender Notification
> District Code of Conduct